Top 10 places to see in Barcelona
It is known that when it comes to planning a vacation the first thing that you have to do is to plan the things that you want to see the most, just to be sure that you will not leave the city and miss the most interesting parts. Barcelona is definitely one of those places that you need to plan in advance your stay, because once you get your feet onto the streets you will feel in love with it and you might get disoriented. There are many things to see but if your stay is not as long as you would like, here are the most important 10 places to visit:
- Barcelona is also called ¨Gaudi´s city¨, that is why you cannot leave the city without visiting the work of one of the famous world´s architects. One of the most important works of Antoni Gaudi is Park Guell. It contains amazing stone structures and fascinating buildings. At the entrance of the park lies the famous dragon which is decorated in different colour and almost became an emblem of Barcelona. On the top, there is a landscaped garden area, which offers a terrace with a gorgeous view of the Park and the entire city of Barcelona. Inside, there is a house in which Gaudi lived at a time for a short period. The House has now been turned into a Museum and contains furniture extremely interesting, designed by him;
- ¨Las Ramblas¨ is the most famous street in Barcelona. The big boulevard connects Plaza Catalunya, with the port where you can see statue, built to honour Christopher Columbus. The street is very crowded, popular among tourists, as well as among locals. The middle street is only for pedestrians and is framed by trees. Here you can find Kiosks, stands with flowers and street lighting artists. Traffic runs on both sides of the pedestrian zone;
- The unfinished masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia, builded by Antoni Gaudí is one of the most visited tourist attractions of Barcelona. The construction of the building is expected to last at least until 2041, but already has become perhaps the most representative landmark of the city;
- Picasso Museum of Barcelona has one of the most complete collections of Pablo Picasso´s art. It is one of the most visited sights of Barcelona. The Museum is hosted by five medieval palaces in Barri Gotic (Gothic quarter of Barcelona). The Museum is situated in the heart of the old centre of Barcelona. The idea of such a museum it belonged to the good friend of Picasso, Jaime Sebartes;
- Camp Nou is as everybody knows FC Barcelona´s Stadium. The stadium has five stars in UEFA standards and has hosted plenty of matches at international level such as the final matches of the Champions League or the delegation of Spain. Camp Nou has a capacity of 98.772 seats being the largest stadium in Europe and 11th as size in the world;
- Montjuic is a hill in Barcelona that you need to visit if you are on holiday here. You will find the most amazing parks in Europe. Ciutadella, Parc Guell and Montjuic are just a few of them. Montjuic Park is situated in the top of a small mountain from the edge of the city;
- Barceloneta beach is a very famous attraction, not only because of the amazing beach but also for the nightlife. There are many beach parties, especially during the summer and a lot of restaurants and bars that gives you the opportunity to have a nice time;
- Plaza España is a very popular place in the city because of the view of the city that you can admire on top, enjoying in the same time the water spectacle from the sunset;
- Visit Casa Mila (also known as “La Pedrera”) and Batlló House. They are works of art of Gaudi. Buildings are incredible, where you are going to feel like an another world. Gaudi´s world;
- Tibidabo is a hill with an incredible view. There you will find an amusement park, a Catholic Church, and a Communications Tower (Torre de Collserola), made by Norman Foster, which provides the highest viewpoint over the city.
These are only a few of the things that Barcelona has to offer and many others that need to be discovered.
This article was written by Alina Bordeianu, a blogger writer for Apartime, a provider of vacation apartments Barcelona.